Full time – Salary to be negotiated
Chobham RFC, an RFU Accredited Club, has been actively promoting rugby in the community through its successful school’s programme since 1993. At the vanguard of the community game, we launched the ‘Little Cannons’ toddler rugby group in 2014 and in September 2016, in partnership with SCL, we are opening the West Surrey Rugby Academy. We are also committed to promoting and increasing Girls and Ladies Rugby in the Surrey Heath area to build on our successful work with the Surrey Swans.
An opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to join the rugby development team at Chobham as a Community Rugby Coach (CRC). The successful individual will be asked to lead our Schools Programme, with the objective of growing our footprint across schools in the local community to bring rugby to a wider audience of both boys and girls and provide them with a pathway in to the game. This will involve delivering extra-curricular clubs, taster sessions, curricular sessions and tag rugby tournaments for local schools, as well as support the Club’s mini section as required.
The CRC will also play an active role in coaching within the Junior section of the club, by providing advice and guidance to coaches in the Junior set-up as well as taking a designated age group for midweek training and games with the objective of supporting the improvement in coaching within the section and facilitate the pathway into senior rugby.
To succeed in this role, you must have experience of coaching Rugby Union to young people in a range of environments. You will also be committed and able to work regular weekend and evening hours to meet the needs of the club. You must also hold a minimum of RFU level 2 coaching qualification, with an ELRA and first aid qualification as desirable. You will also be able to communicate effectively and to present a highly professional image when representing Chobham RFC; establish positive working relationships with staff at schools and within the local community, as well as the coaches and managers across the age groups at Chobham Rugby Club.
- Deliver quality TAG rugby session for primary schools (curricular / extra-curricular)
- Organise the advertisement and registration for extra-curricular clubs within local schools
- Liaise with local schools to plan and deliver taster sessions to help raise awareness of Chobham Rugby Club
- Supporting the West Surrey Academy on selected sessions
- Plan and deliver ‘Little Cannons’ toddler sessions
- Plan and deliver sessions for a designated junior age group, including organising the playing and coaching at training and on match days and ensuring age group coaches are clear on what is required of them
- With player involvement form objectives, ethos and an environment in which players can be challenged, developed, achieve and enjoy their rugby
- Plan and deliver rugby sessions during Holiday Camp (Half term, Easter, Summer x 2)
- Support of occasional community events i.e. Additionally club coaching, school’s fayres, carnivals, birthday parties
- RFU Level 2 and TAG qualified
- Current enhanced DBS
- Current driving licence and access to vehicle, the post holder will be expected to cover the area around Chobham for which a mileage allowance would be payable.
Closing date for applications is 26th May 2016 with interviews taking place in early June. To apply please send your CV, cover letter and salary expectations to David Page Director of Rugby email@example.com